Rowland Cheng advises Chinese and international clients on a range of corporate and finance transactions.
Mr. Cheng regularly represents international financial institutions, strategic investors, and Chinese corporations in a wide range of transactions, including:
- Private equity and venture investments
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Secured and unsecured financings
Mr. Cheng began practicing in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and was previously resident in the firm's offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and San Francisco.
Mr Cheng's representative experience includes advising:
- China’s state-owned Bright Food Group in connection with its acquisition of a 75% stake in Manassen Foods from CHAMP Private Equity for a total consideration of over US$516 million
- Various private equity and hedge funds including Fortress Investment Group, Clarity Partners, Greater Pacific Capital, Global Cleantech Capital, and The Carlyle Group in connection with their investment activities in China
- Various multinational and strategic investors in China, including Eaton Corporation, Perot Systems, Masco Corporation, Capgemini, and Tessera Technologies Inc. in connection with their investment activities in the PRC
- A number of lenders including The Export-Import Bank of China, The Export-Import Bank of the US, JBIC, and other export credit agencies as well as a consortium of international commercial bank agents, in connection with the US$11.7 billion financing of a liquefied natural gas project in Papua New Guinea, which was named Project Finance Deal of the Year 2010 by Asian-Counsel