Nadia Sager is a fund formation partner and prior Global Co-Chair of the Investment Funds Practice. Ms. Sager represents top private fund sponsors and investors in forming, investing in, and operating leading domestic and international private funds.
Ms. Sager’s practice focuses on:
- Representing real estate funds, infrastructure funds, energy funds, buyout funds, debt funds, venture funds, co-investment funds, hedge funds, and other private funds in their formation activities, investments, operations, and exits
- Negotiating strategic relationships, operating joint ventures, co-investments, club arrangements, and other long-term partnering arrangements
- Representing institutional and high-net-worth investors around the world in their private investment activities
- Structuring US and international investment and operations
- Leading investment advisory M&A transactions, including sponsor sales and acquisitions and passive investments in sponsor organizations
- Effecting spin-outs and separation arrangements
- Structuring internal sponsor arrangements
- Advising on securities law matters, including registration and compliance under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
Ms. Sager has extensive experience with investments and investors throughout the world, including Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America.
Clients include Oaktree Capital, Oaktree Infrastructure, DoubleLine Capital, The StepStone Group, Bay Grove Capital, Bridge Investment Group, Menlo Equities, Xebec Realty, Schnitzer West, IQHQ Advisors, DNS Capital, GreatPoint Ventures, and high profile venture fund founders.
Ms. Sager has been recognized by The Legal 500 US for Investment Fund Formation and Management: Private Equity Funds.
Ms. Sager was recognized as a 2017 Influential Woman by the San Diego Daily Transcript, in a special report honoring women making an impact across the region.
Author, “Start-ups and spin-outs: Establishing a credible investment advisory business and maximizing success,” Global Investment Funds: A Practical Guide to Structuring, Raising and Managing Funds, 2016