Daniel Seale is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins and is Chair of the firm’s Global Banking Practice. Mr. Seale is a member of the Finance Department; the Banking, Capital Markets, and Private Equity Practices; and the firm's Strategic Client Committee. He is a former Vice Chair of the firm's Associates Committee and former Local Chair for the Finance Department in the New York office.
Mr. Seale represents financial institutions, corporate borrowers, and other alternative financing providers in leveraged finance transactions with a particular focus on acquisition financings. Mr. Seale has also represented buyers and sellers in both public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Having advised on hundreds of large-cap syndicated loans, middle market loans, and direct lending transactions, Mr. Seale has broad exposure to the global banking market and its key participants. He regularly handles major financing transactions for clients such as Antares Capital, Bank of America, Credit Suisse, Golub Capital, and Morgan Stanley.
Mr. Seale served as a Judicial Clerk to Chief Judge Ronald Lagueux of the United States District Court, District of Rhode Island.
- Speaker, “Financing an Acquisition,” PLI Leveraged Finance Conference, May 2020
- Speaker, “Direct Lending Panel,” PLI Leveraged Finance Conference, May 2019
- Co-author, “Chapter 6: Direct Lending and Other Alternate Capital: Current Direct Lending Terms in 2019,” PLI Leveraged Finance 2019, February 2019
- Co-author, “The Continued Growth of European Covenant Lite,” The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Lending & Secured Finance 2019
- “Expert Q&A on Direct Lending,” Thomson Reuters Practical Law 2017