May 16, 2012
Latham & Watkins’ Project Finance Practice Group was voted “Best Project & Infrastructure Finance Firm” in the Islamic Finance news 2012 Law Poll.
The annual survey seeks to identify the world’s leading Islamic finance law firms and lawyers across a number of practices.
In addition, five Latham lawyers from the firm’s Middle East practice were named to Islamic Finance news’ Leading Lawyers list, including:
- Christian Adams – Insolvency & Restructuring
- Mohammed Al-Sheikh – Banking & Capital Markets; Corporate & Commercial; Insolvency & Restructuring; Structured Finance; Real Estate & Property; Project & Infrastructure Finance; Mergers & Acquisitions
- Christopher Langdon – Structured Finance
- Craig Nethercott – Banking & Capital Markets; Structured Finance; Energy & Natural Resources; Project & Infrastructure Finance
- Harj Rai – Asset & Fund Management; Banking & Capital Markets; Corporate & Commercial; Cross Border; Insolvency & Restructuring; Structured Finance; Energy & Natural Resource
Islamic Finance news’ Leading Lawyers list is based on a survey of in-house counsel and senior industry practitioners, including issuers, investors, non-legal financial intermediaries and regulators, among others involved in Islamic finance. The Law Poll provides a holistic guide to those legal entities and individuals recognized for their excellence amongst their clients and peers, said Islamic Finance news.