Recognized as a 2020 Dealmaker of the Year by The American Lawyer, Justin Hamill represents clients in a range of complex corporate matters, with a focus on high-value M&A and private equity deals.
Mr. Hamill provides sophisticated transactional counsel to diverse clients, including public and private companies, investment funds, and financial institutions. He regularly advises on multibillion-dollar mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, drawing on his substantial experience across a broad array of industries, such as media, sports, and entertainment, as well as technology, financial services, consumer products, healthcare, and real estate. His practice also encompasses a range of corporate governance and emerging companies matters.
Mr. Hamill regularly advises clients on:
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Negotiated and contested M&A transactions
- Public and private investments
- Restructuring transactions
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance matters (including Securities and Exchange Commission and exchange requirements, as well as fiduciary law matters)
- Emerging companies matters (including capital raising transactions)
Mr. Hamill is the former secretary of the New York City Bar Association Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Control Contests. He is also a published author and frequent speaker on corporate matters.
- The American Lawyer, Mar. 2020 – Dealmaker of the Year
- Chambers USA 2019 – Recognized Practitioner: Corporate/M&A – New York: The Elite
- Business Insider, Dec. 2019 – “8 Must-Know Deal Lawyers Advising Private Equity Firms”
- Variety 2019 – “Elite Dealmakers of New York” and “Dealmakers Impact Report”
- The Legal 500 US 2019 – Next Generation Partner: Media & Entertainment
- The Legal 500 US 2019 – Next Generation Partner: Sports
- Variety – “Hollywood’s New Leaders: Law and Finance”
- The American Lawyer – “Hollywood’s Top Dealmakers”
- The Hollywood Reporter – Power Lawyer
- Crain’s New York Business – 40 Under 40
- New York Law Journal – Rising Star
- The M&A Advisor – 40 Under 40